Compassion of God Ministries is based in Faisalabad, Pakistan and is focused on reaching, teaching and training the Pakistani people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Please support this worthwhile ministry and its efforts to reach the Pakistani people with the love of Christ!
The fields are white for the harvest!
Preaching, Teaching and Training in the Gospel of Jesus Christ
Touching People, Changing Lives
When I began writing A Greater Reward, the goal was to create a basic training manual for Christians. I missed the mark. A former dean of a Bible College rated the book at a doctoral level. So for my next book I decided to SIMPLIFY. I took one chapter from A Greater Reward and began to turn it into its own book.
The Way of Christ is the working title.
The first believers called themselves “The Way.” The Way of Christ is to imitate God as dear children. Jesus did nothing except He saw His Father in heaven doing it. He said nothing that He didn’t hear His Father in heaven saying.
The Pharisees, despite all their religion, were living lives that did not measure up. Their righteousness was built on doctrine and teaching. It wasn’t built on God being our Father and each of us acting like Him.
Our knowledge of doctrine is profound but we are not living lives worthy of the Lord. So I instead focus the new believer on imitating God.
Here is the chapter outline:
- 1) The Way--Salvation--What is means to be a child of God.
- 2) Baptism--Step one in following Christ and imitating Him
- 3) Filled with the Holy Spirit--Step two in following Christ--becoming a powerful witness--what it means to witness.
- 4) Into the Wilderness--the life of self-denial--Step 3 in following Christ. Taking up the cross.
- 5) The Father’s Business--Doing Good (Acts 10:38)--God is Good. Chrestians--little do gooders.
- 6) God is Faithful--being faithful--the habit of synagogue--imitating Christ.
- 7) God is True--the standard--the measure by which we live and walk--His Word is true, faithful and reliable--we also should keep our word--application...
- 8) God is Holy--a spoon or a cup can be holy--so can you. Dedication and Commitment to God.
- 9) God is Righteous--doing right and being right in a wrong world
- 10) God is Just--understanding the Justice of God and how to do justly, love mercy and walk humbly.
- 11) God is Love--understanding the love of God and how to walk in love towards others—seeing people through the eyes of God.
- 12) God is Sovereign--Understanding choice, will, and Christian liberty.
- 13) God is Victory (???)--the overcomer--Overcoming all things
I need your help. I’m terrible at asking for money but after a sleepless night in prayer, I realized that my mistake has been trying to self-finance ministry and trying to do everything myself. Anything worth doing takes a team and I need you to join my team.
1 Corinthians 12:21 ESV
The eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you," nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you."
I met with a fellow minister Tuesday morning who said, “You have the poorest church in Cusseta and yet you are collecting an offering to care for the widows of martyrs in Pakistan.” I do have a poor church but they are richer than they know. They are 2 Corinthians 9:8 believers and the Lord is teaching them to prosper. They are fasting to have money to give. That is not the typical American church is it? I want to teach others how to do this.
Twenty-seven years ago I chose to say “yes” to God and minister to the poorest place I knew. I didn’t know that God would shape me through my limitations and that He had chosen to limit me profoundly.
When I launched my current church, I was not eager. I was worn out. But something has changed. I’ve learned to prosper spiritually.
The thing is, I keep encountering my own limitations. This frustrates me. The work is too big for me and I need help.
Any great work requires a team. We weren’t meant to do this alone. I realize that now. My first book, A Greater Reward, is powerful and full of profound insights. But it needs a good editor. I tried to edit it myself after illness sidelined a friend who had agreed to edit it for free. That did not work well, like a lawyer choosing to represent himself has a fool for a client.
I need your help to pay an editor because I cannot do it myself. My book is good but a good editor will make it great.
My second book, The Way of Christ, is currently being written. I have been living the ideas for many years. It is a primer on the Christian life that I want to distribute freely in electronic format so that even the poorest church can have materials to train new members and new believers. I have wrestled with how to produce Christians worthy of Christ almost from the day I received Christ. I’ve found the Way but I need help to bring it to the rest of the Body of Christ.
I have also have The SOAP and Water Project. If I had plenty of writers to write and contribute their work freely, I would still need editors, people to do layout, people to convert words to audio and programmers. Workmen are worthy of their hire. I need help. I need your help.
I need you to help by giving. I just launched a crowdfunding page to fund the work on Patreon. Will you help?
I have had a heart to write since I was in college (a very long time ago) and worked for a Christian publishing house as an editor for a time before attempting to launch my own publishing company in 1998.
That was interrupted when I was appointed to serve as Probate Judge for Chattahoochee County, Georgia in January 1999.
I launched my publishing company in 2007 under the name Provident Penny Publishing. However, we focused only on web publishing.
When it came time to publish my first book in 2015, I felt certain I could find a publisher for my own book but eventually decided that I would publish under my own label. I wanted a re-brand and so we launched Fearless Word Publishing.
- A Greater Reward (Kindle Version)
- The Way of Christ: Basic Training for Christians
- Joshua Plan for Biblical Success and Prosperity
- SOAP and Water: Personal Revival in Forty Days (Devotional)
- A Greater Reward (Print Version) Delayed (TBA)
- The Coming Destruction of Islam (Proposed)
- Spiritual Hunger (Proposed)